This is an advanced auditor course that fulfills the ISO 19011 training requirement for auditor/lead auditor registration with SAATCA – the Southern African Auditor Training and Certification Authority
Advanced level training & experience:
- At least five (5) consecutive days of ISO 22000:2018 training (obligatory)
- At least 3 days PRP training (recommended)
- At least 3 days HACCP training (obligatory)
- At least 3 days internal auditor training based on ISO 19011 (obligatory)
- At least 1 day training on industry specific legislation (recommended)
- At least 1 day food microbiology training (recommended)
- Completion of a pre-course knowledge evaluation and a pre-course workbook
- At least ONE YEAR experience in implementation or maintenance of a food safety management system based on ISO22000/HACCP/BRCGS/IFS or equivalent
- Proof of training and experience as per these pre-requisites MUST be supplied before registration
- Study pre-course reading material
- If you have completed ISO 22000 SAATCA registered Lead Auditor training, but have not registered as an auditor within 3 years after completion of this course, SAATCA requires that you attend a 2-day Lead Auditor refresher course with us
- Criteria for Food Safety Management Systems (closed book tests daily based on Codex Alimentarius HACCP principles, PRPs and ISO 22000)
- Audits: an explanation of audits, their purpose and planning; the way to approach, perform and record an audit in accordance with ISO 19011, ISO 17021 and ISO 22003 considering a risk-based approach.
- Auditing principles applied to certification / supplier / regulatory audits
- Auditors: their responsibilities, personal behaviour and auditor selection; the SAATCA Auditor Certification Scheme
- Identifying non-conformances, audit strategy, process auditing and reporting audit results
- Accreditation and certification processes
- Auditing techniques
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed to equip auditors to conduct audits in a professional manner and is ideal for those who want to register with SAATCA as FSMS auditor
NOTE: Due to the intensive nature of the course, and the extensive group work involved, we suggest that ALL delegates have time away from normal day to day activities as far as possible for the duration of the course.